Creating vibrant communities – May 14 & 15
An unprecedented series of global conferences, exploring the inherent oneness of humanity and a universal call to work for the betterment of the world.
In 2022, thousands of conferences are being held around the world from February through May at the grassroots level to explore the possibilities of building united communities, and serving society alongside friends and neighbors. Over 40 will be held in the northeast U.S., and Ithaca has been chosen for residents from the Syracuse-Cortland-Ithaca-Binghamton area.
The conference is free, for all ages, & open to all who long for communities that are united, just, and welcoming to all people.
What? A joyful, spiritual 2-day retreat, with separate activities for children, junior youth, youth and adults, suffused with art and devotions for all ages. Lunch will be served on both days, and dinner on Saturday. Snacks and drinks will also be offered during breaks. The themes to be explored are:
- Raising vibrant communities that are contributing to material and spiritual progress
- The distance traversed thus far towards the vision of a just and peaceful world
- Building vibrant communities with a spiritual foundation with service as its core
- The importance of education and training to unlock our collective potential
- Contributing to social transformation through social action and participating in discourses of society
When? Saturday, May 14th & Sunday, May 15th, from 10am-6pm (with optional stay longer into the evening on Saturday)
Where? The Foundation of Light, 391 Turkey Hill Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850. This is about a 8-minute drive from downtown Ithaca. The venue has plenty of outdoor space, including a large outdoor tent, parking, and separate spaces for children, junior youth, and adult programs.
For Who? For you! The program is for people of all ages, for Bahá’ís and their friends–for anyone who is attracted to the Bahá’u’lláh’s vision of joy, love, unity, service, and individual and social transformation!
Cost? Free! While everyone is welcome to contribute to defray the costs of the venue and food, there is no obligation to do so.
Register – Let us know you’re coming!
Questions? Please contact a member of the organizing team:
- Katelin Thurber – Syracuse – (945) 918-2913
- Karim Beers – Ithaca – karimbeers [at] gmail.com
- Sayem Hossain – Binghamton – hossain.sayem11 [at] gmail.com
Covid Protocols – * In keeping with state and national guidance, as well as guidelines from local, regional, and national Baha’i administration, these are our safety protocols:
- No one may participate that has had Covid symptoms, or knowingly been in close contact with others who have had Covid or Covid symptoms in the previous 5 days
- *New* We encourage everyone to do a self-test before coming to the conference
- Everyone is required to wear masks and observe physical distance while indoors, except when eating/drinking
- To minimize touching shared surfaces, and for the good of the environment, we encourage everyone to bring their own water bottles and/or coffee/tea mugs. Water, tea and coffee will be available.
Sponsored by the Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Ithaca