Together in Service
Area Baha’i 1-Day Retreat
“Service to humanity is service to God. Let the love and light of the Kingdom radiate through you until all who look upon you shall be illumined by its reflection. Be as stars, brilliant and sparkling in the loftiness of their heavenly station.”― Abdu’l-Bahá
*** It was a wonderful retreat this year. Hopefully we can see each other soon. Please sign up to be notified of our next retreat below ***
What? A joyful, spiritual, affordable 1-day retreat, with separate activities for children, junior youth, youth and adults, as well as outdoor activities including games and swimming in the lake, and art and devotions for all ages.
The theme this year is Following in the Steps of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, who exemplified a life of service, and who passed away 100 years ago.
When? Sunday, August 15th! From 10am-6pm (with optional stay longer into the evening)
Where? Cayuga Lake State Park, 2678 Lower Lake Road, Seneca Falls, NY 13148. This is about a 50 minute drive away from Rochester, Syracuse and Ithaca.
For Who? For you! The program is for people of all ages, for Baha’is and their friends–for anyone who is attracted to the Baha’u’llah’s vision of joy, love, unity, service, and individual and social transformation!
Cost? $10/person for lunch and materials. In addition, the Park charges at $9 for parking per car. So best to carpool!
We don’t want the cost to be a barrier for anyone who would like to come. Please check with an organizer or an Assembly nearby for help with scholarship. We will find a way! (And if you can contribute a little extra to support the scholarship fund–please do so!)
Register! Fill out this registration form. Pay in advance with PayPal (www.paypal.me/ithacabahais) or on the day of the retreat (cash, check or PayPal).
Questions? Please contact any of the members of the organizing team:
- Karim Beers – Ithaca – karimbeers[at]gmail.com
- Katelin Thurber – Syracuse – katelin.thurber[at]gmail.com
Service Opportunities – There will be service opportunities for everyone!
Covid Protocols – *Updated 8/8/21* In keeping with state and national guidance, as well as guidelines from local, regional, and national Baha’i administration, these are our safety protocols:
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks at all times except when eating/drinking as well as observe physical distancing
- Vaccinated individuals are strongly recommended to wear masks at all times, except when eating or drinking, as well as observe physical distancing
- No one may participate that has had Covid symptoms, or knowingly been in close contact with others who have had Covid or Covid symptoms in the previous 14 days
- To minimize touching shared surfaces, and for the good of the environment, we ask everyone to bring their own water bottles and drinks.
Sponsored by the Local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Ithaca